IPL Desk in Mumbai 08 April 2014 - 09:57pm IST
Pepsi IPL ticket sales cross 100,000 mark
Details of box office, ticket outlets and online platforms
Eight days from now, the UAE leg of the Pepsi IPL 2014 will commence. Following the action from the packed stands will be cricket-lovers, whose excitement already knows no bounds.
The ticket sales speak for themselves. The 100,000th ticket was sold today, a mere six days since online sales commenced. 12,500 tickets were purchased yesterday – on the first day of the box-office and outlet sales.
With eight days to go for the first game, and 22 days to the last game, fans are advised to purchase their tickets as soon as they can, to avoid disappointment.
The most sought-after games are the two double-headers in Dubai, on 19 April and 25 April respectively. Tickets for the other matches are also being purchased at a brisk pace.
Tickets are available in different denominations. The minimum price for the Abu Dhabi matches is AED20 for a single match, and AED30 for double-headers. In Dubai, a ticket for one match starts at AED30, and AED50 for double-headers. In Sharjah, tickets start at UED30 for a single match, and AED40 for the double-headers.
Tickets can be purchased in the following ways:
1. AT THE STADIA – The Box Office details are as follows:
· Dubai - Dubai International Stadium Box Office, based at Dubai Sports City.
· Abu Dhabi – Zayed Cricket Stadium: On non-match days, tickets will be available from 10:00 am (local time) from the Abu Dhabi Cricket Club offices, situated at the Zayed Cricket Stadium. On match days, tickets will be available at the Box Office located just outside the Zayed Cricket Stadium.
· Sharjah – Sharjah Cricket Stadium, Box Office located at the stadium
2. Lulu Hypermarkets outlets where tickets are available, are as follows:
Dubai: Al Barsha, Al Qusais, Al Karama, Arabian Centre
Sharjah: Al Wahda, Al Nahda, Mai Saloon
Abu Dhabi: Al Wahda Mall, Khalidiya Mall, Mushrif Mall, Madinat Zayed, Capital Mall, Al Raha Mall, Mazyad Centre
Tickets can be purchased on www.iplt20.com or www.ticketmaster.ae
Those purchasing tickets should familiarize themselves with the terms and conditions, which can be accessed on the link -
It needs to be noted that tickets are strictly not transferable. Tickets are for the personal use of the Holder only, and they should not be offered for sale, auctioned, exchanged, ceded, sold or transferred, whether in a commercial or promotional context.