Pepsi IPL 2014 Player Auction - Media Accreditation
Media Registration form available on media.iplt20.com
By IPL Desk
Mumbai 28 January 2014
The 2014 Pepsi IPL Player Auction will be held on Wednesday, 12 February 2014, and Thursday, 13 February 2014 (if required), at the Mysore Hall, ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru.
The proceedings will begin at 9:30 am, on 12 February 2014. The auction will be conducted by Richard Madley, a professional auctioneer from England who has conducted each of the previous IPL player auctions. The proceedings will be telecast live on the SONY SIX HD and SONY SIX channels.
“The start of the Pepsi IPL 2014 is only two months away. Each team has done a lot of brainstorming in the past few months. Old strategies would have been modified, and new ones chalked out. Some players have been retained by their respective franchises, and others returned to the auction pool. It will be fascinating to see each team pit its plans and tactics against the other seven, in what promises to be an eventful auction. We have no doubt that the Player Auction will be as exciting and memorable as the seventh season of the IPL,” Ranjib Biswal, Chairman, IPL, said.
Notes to Editors
1. The Player Auction will be held in the Mysore Hall, ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru, on 12 February 2014 (and on 13 February 2014, if required). The proceedings will commence at 9:30 am sharp on 12 February 2014.
2. No media will be permitted into the auction room but a media conference area (Magnolia Hall) will be provided at the ITC Gardenia to accommodate members of the media.
3. Media conferences with the IPL Chairman and / or Franchise members will take place during the auction. The schedule for these conferences will be advised on the day.
4. Accredited Electronic media will be provided with a LIVE feed of media conferences at the auction venue. For the sake of clarity, camerapersons and camera equipment will not be allowed inside the Auction Hall or the Media Conference area.
5. All mediapersons wishing to attend the auction must fill and submit the Media Registration form on media.iplt20.com, on or before 6:00 pm on Tuesday, 4 February 2014. Only those who have submitted their forms online before the deadline, will be accredited for the auction.
6. The BCCI policy pertaining to Media Accreditation, will be followed while approving / rejecting the applications. Accordingly, there will be a restriction on the number of mediapersons per organisation who can be accredited. Representatives of websites, radio stations, electronic news agencies and production houses will not be accredited. The News Access Guidelines for covering the event, are part of the accreditation link. The Media Accreditation application form can be accessed after indicating one’s acceptance of the guidelines.
7. Mediapersons, whose applications are approved, will receive an alert indicating the same. They will be able to collect an accreditation card, from the Media Registration Desk at the entrance of the ITC Gardenia, between 7:30 am and 9:30 am on Wednesday, 12 February 2014. It is mandatory that they bring along their organisation’s official photo-ID.