All-rounder James Faulkner is one of the new additions to the Rajasthan Royals line-up for the 2013 season. The tall all-rounder enjoys dismantling the woodwork of the batsmen and can contribute useful runs with the willow as well. The young left-arm pacer cherishes the dismissal of one of the most devastating batsman in world cricket today, Chris Gayle during the first season of Big Bash League. He expects to have an interesting contest with the RCB cricketer in the ongoing Indian Premier League this season.
A youngster with a sense of humour, 'Faulks' loves to try out new hair styles and worries about not being able to get in touch with near and dear ones and so can’t do without his mobile.
Ahead of the Royals' first match of the 2013 edition of the Pepsi Indian Premier League, we caught up Faulkner by the pool side at the team hotel in Delhi.
Excerpts from the interaction:
1. Nickname: Jimmy or Faulks.
2. Idol: Ricky Ponting.
3. Life’s mantra: To be as successful as I can.
4. Favourite cuisine: Italian.
5. Favourite beverage: Beer, though it shouldn’t be. It’s everyone’s favourite beverage from Australia.
6. I can’t do without: My mobile.
7. Favourite movie: Baseketball.
8. Favourite band: I listen to music but don’t have any favourite one in particular. I can’t pin point one. I tend to listen to the top ten and listen to Fair Bits.
9. Style statement: I play around with my hair a little bit.
10. Favourite TV series: Family Guy.
11. Best pal in cricket: One would be my captain back home George Bailey and the guy sitting next to me in the dressing room Alex Doolan back in Australia.
12. Best batsman you have ever bowled to: Chris Gayle.
13. Worst batsman you have ever bowled to: Ben Hilfenhaus.
14. Favourite delivery to get a wicket off: There is nothing better than clean bowling a batsman, normally with a Yorker or a quick Yorker.
15. The best bowler in the world: Dale Steyn by a long way.
16. The best batsman in the world: At present Michael Clarke.
17. Favourite stadium in the world: MCG (Melbourne Cricket Ground).
18. Most memorable wicket: First Big Bash in Australia clean bowling Chris Gayle in the first over of the game.
19. If I weren’t a cricketer I’d be: Definitely wouldn’t have been a movie star because I don’t have the looks. I like to think I would have been a golfer but I don’t have a very good swing.
20. Batsman I don’t want to bowl to right now: Brad Hodge