A breakdown of the questions you voted on will appear here.
Pulse connects you to the
Get closer to the this season by using Pulse while you watch the LIVE matches. Pulse asks you a range of questions relevant to the LIVE action as it unfolds. Your votes will be featured in the telecast in real-time and debated by the commentators, players and stars. If you've got a great question of your own, we'd love to hear it.
Former India coach will take charge of Mumbai franchise
By IPL Desk
Mumbai 27 January 2013
Mumbai Indians today announced the appointment of John Geoffrey Wright as the Head Coach ahead of the IPL 2013 season, while Robin Singh will continue to lend his services to Mumbai Indians.
One of the most highly regarded coaches of the game, John Wright has to his credit successful stints as coach of the Indian team (2000-2005) as well as his home Black Caps. During his time in India, John was instrumental in India’s rise up in the international table including finishing finalist in the 2003 World Cup. In the relatively brief period he had been in charge of the Black Caps, the Kiwis improved upon its performance reaching the semi-finals of the last World Cup.
Commenting on John’s appointment, Mrs. Nita Ambani, Mumbai Indians said, “It’s a great pleasure to have John on board with Mumbai Indians. John is immensely respected and I am sure his cricketing knowledge and experience will be of enormous help.”
About Mumbai Indians
Mumbai Indians is the Mumbai-based IPL franchise owned by IndiaWin Sports Pvt. Ltd, a group company of Reliance Industries Ltd. Mumbai Indians has had a phenomenal rise over the last four years, both on and off the field. As a brand, Mumbai Indians is closely followed by approx. 3 million fans across the globe. Brand Mumbai Indians is ranked as the 7th most followed Indian brand in social media space (a study done by Nielsen & Mckinsey joint venture Incite for year 2012). The team finished as a finalist in IPL 2010, a semi-finalist in IPL 2011 and followed it up with a scintillating performance to win the Champions League T20 trophy the same year.
The strong fan-base can be ascribed to the Mumbai Indians’ team values – ‘Play Like One’. The franchise promotes togetherness, team spirit and cohesiveness in diversity, both on and off the field. Mumbai Indians has the potent combination of Indian and International stars such as Sachin Tendulkar, Harbhajan Singh, Lasith Malinga, Kieron Pollard, Pragyan Ojha, Rohit Sharma, Mitchell Johnson, Dinesh Karthik, and Dwyane Smith. In keeping with its philosophy of encouraging talent and youth, the team also includes Ambati Rayudu, Dhawal Kulkarni, Surya Kumar Yadav, Abu Nechim and a host of other budding, talented players. For more information, please visit www.mumbaiindians.com
Proceedings to be telecast live on Sony Six on Feb 3 from 11am IST
By IPL Desk
Mumbai 24 January 2013
The IPL Player Auction 2013 will be held on Sunday, 3 February 2013, at the ITC Grand Chola, Chennai.
The proceedings will begin at 11:00 am. The auction will be conducted by Richard Madley, a professional auctioneer from England who has conducted each of the previous IPL player auctions. The proceedings will be telecast live on SONY SIX.
“The auction signals the start of the sixth season of what has been a phenomenon. The 2013 edition of the IPL will feature a new title sponsor – PEPSI – and a new team – SUNRISERS HYDERABAD. It will be interesting to see how the Franchises go about bolstering their respective line-ups prior to the tournament. The developments during the auction will be followed by fans from all over the country, and abroad, who cannot wait for the action to begin,” Rajeev Shukla, Chairman, IPL, said.
The opening match of the Pepsi IPL 2013 will take place on 3 April 2013 in Kolkata.
Notes to Editors
1. The IPL Auction will be held in the Rajendra Hall, ITC Grand Chola, Chennai, on 3 February 2013. Proceedings will commence at 11:00 am sharp.
2. No media will be permitted into the auction room but a media conference area will be provided at the ITC Grand Chola to accommodate members of the media.
3. Media conferences with the IPL Chairman and / or Franchise members will take place during the auction. The schedule for these conferences will be advised on the day.
4. Accredited Electronic media will be provided with a LIVE feed of media conferences at the auction venue, as was done during the 2011 and 2012 IPL Player Auctions. For the sake of clarity, camerapersons and camera equipment will not be allowed inside the Auction room or the Media Conference area.
5. All mediapersons wishing to attend the auction must fill and submit the Media Registration form on media.iplt20.com , on or before 6:00 pm on Wednesday, 30 January 2013. Only those who have submitted their forms online before the deadline, will be accredited for the auction.
6. The BCCI policy pertaining to Media Accreditation, will be followed while approving / rejecting the applications. Accordingly, there will be a restriction on the number of mediapersons per organisation who can be accredited. Representatives of websites, radio stations, electronic news agencies and production houses will not be accredited. The News Access Guidelines for covering the event, are part of the accreditation link. The Media Accreditation application form can be accessed after indicating one’s acceptance of the guidelines.
7. Mediapersons, whose applications are approved, will receive an alert indicating the same. They will be able to collect an accreditation card, from the Media Registration Desk at the entrance of the ITC Grand Chola, between 9:00 am and 11:00 am on Sunday, 3 February 2013. It is mandatory that they bring along their organisation’s official photo-ID.