IPL Desk in Mumbai 24 January 2013 - 04:57pm IST
Chennai to host IPL Player Auction 2013
Proceedings to be telecast live on Sony Six on Feb 3 from 11am IST
The IPL Player Auction 2013 will be held on Sunday, 3 February 2013, at the ITC Grand Chola, Chennai.
The proceedings will begin at 11:00 am. The auction will be conducted by Richard Madley, a professional auctioneer from England who has conducted each of the previous IPL player auctions. The proceedings will be telecast live on SONY SIX.
“The auction signals the start of the sixth season of what has been a phenomenon. The 2013 edition of the IPL will feature a new title sponsor – PEPSI – and a new team – SUNRISERS HYDERABAD. It will be interesting to see how the Franchises go about bolstering their respective line-ups prior to the tournament. The developments during the auction will be followed by fans from all over the country, and abroad, who cannot wait for the action to begin,” Rajeev Shukla, Chairman, IPL, said.
The opening match of the Pepsi IPL 2013 will take place on 3 April 2013 in Kolkata.
Notes to Editors
1. The IPL Auction will be held in the Rajendra Hall, ITC Grand Chola, Chennai, on 3 February 2013. Proceedings will commence at 11:00 am sharp.
2. No media will be permitted into the auction room but a media conference area will be provided at the ITC Grand Chola to accommodate members of the media.
3. Media conferences with the IPL Chairman and / or Franchise members will take place during the auction. The schedule for these conferences will be advised on the day.
4. Accredited Electronic media will be provided with a LIVE feed of media conferences at the auction venue, as was done during the 2011 and 2012 IPL Player Auctions. For the sake of clarity, camerapersons and camera equipment will not be allowed inside the Auction room or the Media Conference area.
5. All mediapersons wishing to attend the auction must fill and submit the Media Registration form on media.iplt20.com
6. The BCCI policy pertaining to Media Accreditation, will be followed while approving / rejecting the applications. Accordingly, there will be a restriction on the number of mediapersons per organisation who can be accredited. Representatives of websites, radio stations, electronic news agencies and production houses will not be accredited. The News Access Guidelines for covering the event, are part of the accreditation link. The Media Accreditation application form can be accessed after indicating one’s acceptance of the guidelines.
7. Mediapersons, whose applications are approved, will receive an alert indicating the same. They will be able to collect an accreditation card, from the Media Registration Desk at the entrance of the ITC Grand Chola, between 9:00 am and 11:00 am on Sunday, 3 February 2013. It is mandatory that they bring along their organisation’s official photo-ID.