Be yourself; be different, says Daredevil Pietersen
By Prajakta Pawar
New Delhi 10 April 2012
Whether it’s with a colour-tinged Mohawk or the innovative ‘palti-hit’, KP has been a trendsetter both on and off the field. The charismatic batsman, who occupies the sporting stratosphere, would choose to be a pilot in a non-cricketing life. We take off on a flight of fancy with one of IPL’s most colourful personalities, Kevin Pietersen.
Excerpts from KP’s brunch-time chat with iplt20.com:
1. Nickname: KP
2. Idol: My little boy, Dylan
3. Life’s mantra: What will be, will be. I try as hard as I can to give myself the best opportunity to be successful
4. Favourite cuisine: Meat
5. Favourite beverage: I’m not really a big drinker. I don’t have a favourite drink.
6. I can’t do without: Sweets
7. Favourite movie: Braveheart
8. Favourite band: I listen to all sorts of different music. I don’t have a favourite band.
9. Style statement: Be yourself. Don’t be a sheep; don’t follow [others]. Be yourself; be different
10. Favourite TV series: Entourage
11. Best pal in cricket: I have lots of very good friends in cricket but I like to keep my best friends away from cricket.
12. Best bowler I’ve faced: Mohammad Asif
13. Worst bowler I’ve faced: I wouldn’t like to say.
14. Favourite shot: My favourite regulation shot is the drive down the ground because then I know that I am playing well. Then the switch-hit is something that I was lucky enough to bring into the game. It changed the game, which was cool. That’s what I am known for and it’s a pretty good shot. The palti hit!
15. Best bowler in the world: Saeed Ajmal
16. Best batsman in the world: Jacques Kallis
17. Favourite stadium in the world: Adelaide Oval
18. Best innings: I have had a few enjoyable ones. I think the toughest one is the 151 in Colombo. It’s been the toughest innings I have ever played because of the pure heat.
19. If I weren’t a cricketer I’d be a: Pilot
20. Bowler I wouldn’t want to face right now: Mohammad Asif