Prajakta Pawar in Mumbai 31 March 2012 - 11:49pm IST
Sachin and Malinga are the best: Jacobs
The MI wicketkeeper gets candid in a chat with iplt20.com
In a lighthearted chat with iplt20.com he revealed some lesser known facts about himself.
1. Nickname: Davy J or my India name is Devendra Kumar Jacobs. I needed an Indian name so my teammates last year gave it to me.
2. Idol: Stephen King, the fictional writer.
3. Life Mantra: Live in bliss and the universe will open doors where there are only walls.
4. Favourite cuisine: South African steak brie.
5. Favourite beverage: Beer.
6. I can’t do without: In this order- my wife Liz, my daughter Lilly and all my gadgets like my iPad, Blackberry and all that.
7. Favourite movie: For Love of the Game, Kevin Costner
8. Favourite band: That’s a tough one. I love all kinds of music, anything really.
9. Style statement: Any good brand. Any good label. I am a pretty casual guy. [...] In any scenario looking as good as possible.
10. Favourite TV series: True Blood at the moment.
11. Best pal in cricket: Rusty Theron.
12. The toughest bowler I’ve faced: Craig Thyssen because he doesn’t bowl; [he is] my teammate from the Warriors.
13. The easiest bowler I’ve faced: Craig Thyssen because he doesn’t bowl [laughs].
14. Favourite shot: I enjoy a flick going to the stands.
15. The best bowler in the world is: Got to go with Lasith Malinga.
16. The best batsman in the world is: Since I am in India and playing for Mumbai Indians, it is Sachin Tendulkar.
17. Favourite stadium in the world: St Georges Park in Port Elizabeth, my home ground and then my second home ground, Wankhede Stadium.
18. Best dismissal: one of my most memorable ones was when I was standing up to stumps for Munaf Patel and I think the batsman was Daniel Christian who tried to swipe and I stumped him at a crucial time of the game.
19. Bowlers you enjoyed keeping for: Lasith Malinga and Rusty Theron.
20. If I weren’t a cricketer I’d be: A fictional writer like Stephen King. I do write in any case.