A breakdown of the questions you voted on will appear here.
Pulse connects you to the
Get closer to the this season by using Pulse while you watch the LIVE matches. Pulse asks you a range of questions relevant to the LIVE action as it unfolds. Your votes will be featured in the telecast in real-time and debated by the commentators, players and stars. If you've got a great question of your own, we'd love to hear it.
When he is not wielding the willow, Shane Watson is strumming the guitar. When he is not bludgeoning the opposition bowlers or taking wickets, the all-rounder loves to play John Lennon’s rendition of ‘Stand by me’.
The Australian hit the ground running when he joined his IPL franchise, the Rajasthan Royals, on May 1 for his first game of the tournament, after fulfilling his national duties. His all-round abilities and experience will boost his side’s morale after a string of defeats.
Meanwhile, in a brief interaction with iplt20.com, Watson spoke about his love for music and passion for cricket.
1.Nickname: Watto. I got it in school.
2. Idol: I had a few growing up. Steve and Mark Waugh were certainly my idols growing-up and so were Glenn McGrath and Craig McDermott. I had a number of idols growing up but I suppose the one person I love the most is probably Mark Waugh. The way he batted was so elegant the way he played [was] so [good]. He was the one person I always looked up to.
3. Life’s mantra: Enjoy life to the fullest.
4. Favourite cuisine: Japanese.
5. Favourite beverage: Wine.
6. I can’t do without: My music.
7. Favourite movie: Shawshank Redemption.
8. Favourite band: My favourite artist at the moment is Keith Urban.
9. Style statement: Understated.
10. Favourite TV series: Don’t watch that much television.
11. Best pal in cricket: Brett Lee.
12. Best bowler he has faced: Dale Steyn.
13. Best batsman he has bowled to: On his day, Virender Sehwag, but consistently, Sachin Tendulkar.
14. Favourite shot: The pull shot.
15. The best bowler in the world: Dale Steyn.
16. The best batsman in the world: Virender Sehwag.
17. Favourite stadium in the world: Sydney Cricket Ground.
18. Best innings: 160 against England at the MCG [161 not out against England at MCG, Jan 16 2011].
19. Best wicket you have taken: Danish Kaneria. He was my fifth wicket to get my first five-for at Lords [against Pakistan in July 2010].
20. If I weren’t a cricketer I’d be a: A musician.
5 Number of threes in the match (three for Chennai Super Kings and two for Deccan Chargers). This game equalled the record for most such scoring shots in an IPL match. The Delhi Daredevils– Rajasthan Royals match at Bloemfontein in 2009 had also seen five threes.
7 Number of matches lost by Deccan Chargers. Interestingly, Deccan have lost at least seven games in each edition of IPL. Even in the 2009 edition, where they were winners, Deccan lost seven games as against the nine they won. Their worst performance came in 2008 when they lost 12 out of 14 games.
14 Murali Vijay’s score – his highest in six innings in IPL 2012.
18 Number of twos in Chennai Super Kings’ innings – the most by any side in IPL 2012.
30.30 Kumar Sangakkara’s win percentage as captain in IPL – 10 wins in 33 games. Among all captains who have captained in at least 10 games in IPL, only one – Brendon McCullum – has a worse record (three wins in 13 games, win-percentage 23.08). 37 Number of catches taken by Suresh Raina in the IPL – the most by any fielder. He moved ahead of Rohit Sharma’s tally of 36 catches.