A breakdown of the questions you voted on will appear here.
Pulse connects you to the
Get closer to the this season by using Pulse while you watch the LIVE matches. Pulse asks you a range of questions relevant to the LIVE action as it unfolds. Your votes will be featured in the telecast in real-time and debated by the commentators, players and stars. If you've got a great question of your own, we'd love to hear it.
Only the second cricketer from the Samoan tribe of New Zealand to play international cricket, Ross Taylor is part of the formidable Delhi Daredevils squad in IPL 2012. Taylor undoubtedly has the ability to rescue an innings even as he entertains the crowds; but it’s not just his cricket that’s entertaining.
The batsman with a heavy impact answered some light-hearted questions that iplt20.com posed at breakfast.
1. Nickname: Roscoe
2. Idol: Sachin Tendulkar
3. Life’s mantra: Nice things happen to nice people
4. Favourite cuisine: Sushi and KFC
5. Favourite beverage: Nice glass of red wine
6. I can’t do without: Food
7. Favourite movie: The Shawshank Redemption
8. Favourite band: UB40
9. Style statement: Tight clothing (laughs and asks to print that answer followed by a smiley face)
10. Favourite TV series: Prison Break
11. Best pal in cricket: Jamie Hill
12. Best bowler I’ve faced: Lasith Malinga
13. Worst bowler I’ve faced: Scott Styris
14. Favourite shot: Slog-sweep
15. Best bowler in the world: Dale Steyn
16. Best batsman in the world: Jacques Kallis
17. Favourite stadium in the world: Adelaide Oval
18. Best innings: 154 not out v England in the Test match at Old Tafford in 2008
19. If I weren’t a cricketer I’d be a: Chicken farmer
20. Bowler I wouldn’t want to face right now: Scott Styris
100 Gautam Gambhir was playing his 100th Twenty20 match. He became the eighth Indian player to do so after Rohit Sharma (112), Yusuf Pathan (111), MS Dhoni (110), Murali Kartik (110), Robin Uthappa (106), Suresh Raina (104) and Harbhajan Singh (103). 25 Jacques Kallis’ catch of Paras Dogra (off Sunil Narine) was his 25th in his 63rd IPL match. He became only the third fielder, after Suresh Raina (35) and Rohit Sharma (32), to take 25 or more catches in the IPL.
7 Number of instances when a batsman got retired hurt in an IPL match. Gilchrist joined DJ Thornely (MI), Kumar Sangakkara (KXIP), Harbhajan Singh (MI), VVS Laxman (DC) and Sachin Tendulkar (MI) in suffering this fate. Tendulkar has retired hurt on two occasions in all. Sangakkara, Tendulkar (once) and Gilchrist later came back to resume their innings.
6 Number of batsmen to end the match on a winning note with a six in IPL 2012. Jacques Kallis joined Ambati Rayudu, Rohit Sharma (Mumbai Indians), Ryan ten doeschate (Kolkata Knight Riders), Steven Smith (Pune Warriors India) and Saurabh Tiwary (Royal Challengers Bangalore) in achieving this feat.
2 Number of maiden overs bowled by Praveen Kumar in IPL 2012 – the first bowler to do so. Incidentally, his tally of eight maidens in all IPL matches is also the highest for any bowler. 1 Number of captains to score two fifties in IPL 2012. Gambhir’s 66* followed his 64 against Royal Challengers Bangalore at Bangalore on April 10. In fact, no other captain has managed to score even one fifty in IPL 2012.