Katy Perry fulfilled her ‘Teenage Dream’, set the trend for ‘California Gurls’, and became Pop’s biggest ‘Firework’. All this while being ‘One Of The Boys’.
Katy Perry, the international musical sensation, shows the boys how it’s done before they speed away into a new season of DLF IPL. Having ruled the music charts and won every prestigious award from the Billboard to the Brit, the pop princess is all set to storm the DLF IPL 2012 Opening Nite, an evening that will set the tone for a summer of high-quality cricket.
Having toured around the world and now making her debut performance in India, Katy will help flag off the latest season of the world’s favourite cricketing league in her trademark style. The International Pop Star flaunts a unique mix of talent, spirit and innovation, reflective of the tournament that has captured the hearts of audiences worldwide.
“We look forward to Ms. Perry’s participation at the DLF IPL 2012 Opening Nite. A performer of her calibre makes the occasion even more special for the IPL family – players, organisers and fans. The verve and originality of her music matches that of the competition and we look forward to an inspired performance from her,” IPL Chairman, Rajeev Shukla, said about the star’s much-anticipated act.
About DLF IPL
· The DLF IPL 2012, to be held between April 4 and May 27, will feature 76 games across 12 venues across the country
· The DLF IPL became one of the fastest growing sports businesses in the world soon after its inception in 2008. It has been called the ‘World’s hottest sporting league’ by Forbes Magazine.
· The league is made up of nine franchises featuring top international cricketers like Sachin Tendulkar, MS Dhoni, Kevin Pietersen, Jacques Kallis, Shane Watson, Kumar Sangakkara and others.
· The IPL offers USD 2 million as prize money to the winning team and USD 1.5 million to the runners-up, making it one of the world’s most lucrative sporting leagues
· IPL franchises are owned by some of the biggest names in Indian industry, backed by respected professionals who manage and mentor the teams
· IPL has rewritten TV history, combining sport with entertainment to gather staggering ratings right through its four previous seasons
About Katy Perry
Katy Perry is a global superstar whose two albums have generated a string of #1 hit singles and multi-platinum sales during the past four years. She has just concluded her sold-out "California Dreams Tour” with 124 arena performances internationally. The special edition Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection will be in stores March 26th and features 3 new songs, including "Part Of Me," which debuted at #1 on iTunes in the United States, with over 400,000 downloads in its first week, after an electrifying performance at this year's Grammy Awards.
For more details contact
Devendra Prabhudesai, Media Manager