Anti Doping Policy
Summary of Major Modifications and Explanatory Notes
Substances and methods prohibited at all times (In- and Out-of-Competition)
S1 ANABOLIC AGENTS
• Compounds boldenone, boldione, 19-norandrostenedione, and nandrolone have been transferred and 19-norandrostenediol added to the S1.b section because they can be produced endogenously at low concentrations. This change does not affect the prohibited status of these substances. The interpretation and reporting of findings for these substances is addressed in specific Technical Documents (TD2016IRMS and/or TD2016NA).
• 5α-androst-2-ene-17-one,commonly knownas “Delta-2” or 2-androstenone, was added as an example of metabolite of DHEA, more recently found in dietary supplements.
S2 PEPTIDEHORMONES, GROWTHFACTORS, RELATED SUBSTANCES AND MIMETICS
• ToextendthescopeofErythropoieticStimulating Agents, GATA inhibitors (e.g. K-11706) and Transforming Growth Factor- β (TGF-β) inhibitors (e.g. sotatercept, luspatercept) were added.
• TheInternationalNonproprietaryName(INN)of FG-4592, roxadustat, was added.
• MolidustatwasaddedasanotherexampleofHIF stabilizer.
• Cobalt:Itisre-iteratedthatvitaminB12,whichcontains cobalt, is not prohibited.
• The reference to isomers was simplified.
• Examplesofselectiveandnon-selectivebeta-2-agonists were added (fenoterol, formoterol, higenamine, indacaterol, olodaterol, procaterol, reproterol, salbutamol, salmeterol, terbutaline, vilanterol).
• Higenamineisdocumentedtobeaconstituent of the plant Tinosporacrispa, which can be found in some dietary supplements and is a non-selective beta-2-agonist.
• Dosingparametersofsalbutamolwere refinedto make it clear that the full 24-hour dose should not be administered at one time.
• Themaximumdosageforsalmeterolwasstated according to the manufacturers’ recommendations.
• Studiesareongoingtoestablishanappropriateurinary threshold concentration for inhaled salmeterol. At present, the Technical Document TD2015MRPL recommends not to report salmeterol below 10 ng/mL.
S4 HORMONE AND METABOLIC MODULATORS
• Androsta-3,5-diene-7,17-dione(arimistane)wasadded as a new example of aromatase inhibitor.
M1 MANIPULATION OF BLOOD AND BLOOD COMPONENTS
• Supplementaloxygenadministeredby inhalation, butnot intravenously, is permitted. To clarify this, M1.2 now reads “excluding supplemental oxygen by inhalation”.
Substances and Methods Prohibited In-Competition
• LisdexamfetaminewasaddedtoS6.a;itisaninactive pro-drug of amfetamine.
• IntheabsenceofanINNformethylhexaneamine, its International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC) name, 4-methylhexan-2-amine, was added. A number of other synonyms exist for methylhexaneamine including: 1,3-dimethylamylamine, dimethylpentylamine; methylhexamine; methylhexanamine; 1,3-dimethylpentylamine.
• Regularfoodconsumptionwillnotyield sufficient levels of phenylethylamine to result in an Adverse Analytical Finding.
• Nicomorphinewas added. Itisanopioidanalgesic drug, which is converted to morphine following administration.
• Afterconsiderationofstakeholders’ comments, no changes were made in this section for 2017.