Anti Doping Policy
Summary of Major Modifications and Explanatory Notes
SUBSTANCES AND METHODS PROHIBITED AT ALL TIMES (IN- AND OUT-OF- COMPETITION)
S2: Peptide hormones, Growth Factors, Related Substances and Mimetics
· Leuprorelin replaced triptorelin as a more universal example of a chorionic gonadotrophin and luteinizing hormone-releasing factor.
S4. Hormone and Metabolic Modulators
· Insulin-mimetics were added to the List to include all insulin-receptor agonists.
· Meldonium (Mildronate) was added because of evidence of its use by athletes with the intention of enhancing performance.
S5. Diuretics and Masking Agents
· It was clarified that the ophthalmic use of carbonic anhydrase inhibitors is permitted.
SUBSTANCES AND METHODS PROHIBITED IN-COMPETITION
· It was clarified that clonidine is permitted.
SUBSTANCES PROHIBITED IN PARTICULAR SPORTS
· After consideration of the Federation International de Motocyclisme (FIM)’s request, their Federation was removed from the list of sports prohibiting alcohol as a doping agent.
WADA understands that FIM will address the use of alcohol using their own regulations.
· Meldonium was removed from the Monitoring Program and added to the Prohibited List.Hydrocodone, morphine/codeine ratio and tapentadol were removed from the Monitoring Program.