Anti Doping Policy
APPENDIX 2 - THE PROHIBITED LISTAt any given time, the current version of the Prohibited List is available on the anti-doping section of the BCCI’s website at the following address:
IMPORTANT NOTE: The Prohibited List is updated annually, with effect from 1 January each year. All Cricketers and Cricketer Support Personnel should therefore review the new Prohibited List (available on the BCCI’s website) each year in the lead up to 1 January to ensure that anything they ingest or use, as well as any medical treatment they receive, does not give rise to an anti-doping rule violation under the Rules.
The World Anti-Doping Code
THE 2014 PROHIBITED LIST
The official text of the Prohibited List shall be maintained by WADA and shall be published in English and French. In the event of any conflict between the English and French versions, the English version shall prevail.
This List shall come into effect on 1 January 2014
THE 2014 PROHIBITED LIST
WORLD ANTI-DOPING CODE
Valid 1 January 2014
In accordance with Article 4.2.2 of the World Anti-Doping Code, all Prohibited Substances shall be considered as “Specified Substances” except Substances in classes S1, S2, S4.4, S4.5, S6.a, and Prohibited Methods M1, M2 and M3.
SUBSTANCES AND METHODS PROHIBITED AT ALL TIMES
(IN- AND OUT-OF-COMPETITION)
S0. NON-APPROVED SUBSTANCES
Any pharmacological substance which is not addressed by any of the subsequent sections of the List and with no current approval by any governmental regulatory health authority for human therapeutic use (e.g drugs under pre-clinical or clinical development or discontinued, designer drugs, substances approved only for veterinary use) is prohibited at all times.
S1. ANABOLIC AGENTS
Anabolic agents are prohibited.
1. Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS)
a. Exogenous* AAS, including:
1-androstenediol (5α-androst-1-ene-3β,17β-diol ); 1-androstenedione (5α-androst-1-ene-3,17-dione); bolandiol (estr-4-ene-3β,17β-diol ); bolasterone; boldenone; boldione (androsta-1,4-diene-3,17-dione); calusterone; clostebol; danazol ([1,2]oxazolo[4',5':2,3]pregna-4-en-20-yn-17α-ol); dehydrochlormethyltestosterone (4-chloro-17β-hydroxy-17α-methylandrosta-1,4-dien-3-one); desoxymethyltestosterone (17α-methyl-5α-androst-2-en-17β-ol); drostanolone; ethylestrenol (19-norpregna-4-en-17α-ol); fluoxymesterone; formebolone; furazabol (17α-methyl[1,2,5]oxadiazolo[3',4':2,3]-5α-androstan-17β-ol); gestrinone; 4-hydroxytestosterone (4,17β-dihydroxyandrost-4-en-3-one); mestanolone; mesterolone; metandienone (17β-hydroxy-17α-methylandrosta-1,4-dien-3-one); metenolone; methandriol; methasterone (17β-hydroxy-2α,17α-dimethyl-5α-androstan-3-one); methyldienolone (17β-hydroxy-17α-methylestra-4,9-dien-3-one); methyl-1-testosterone (17β-hydroxy-17α-methyl-5α-androst-1-en-3-one); methylnortestosterone (17β-hydroxy-17α-methylestr-4-en-3-one); methyltestosterone; metribolone (methyltrienolone, 17β-hydroxy-17α-methylestra-4,9,11-trien-3-one); mibolerone; nandrolone; 19-norandrostenedione (estr-4-ene-3,17-dione); norboletone; norclostebol; norethandrolone; oxabolone; oxandrolone; oxymesterone; oxymetholone; prostanozol (17β-[(tetrahydropyran-2-yl)oxy]-1'H-pyrazolo[3,4:2,3]-5α-androstane); quinbolone; stanozolol; stenbolone; 1-testosterone (17β-hydroxy-5α-androst-1-en-3-one); tetrahydrogestrinone (17-hydroxy-18a-homo-19-nor-17α-pregna-4,9,11-trien-3-one); trenbolone (17β-hydroxyestr-4,9,11-trien-3-one); and other substances with a similar chemical structure or similar biological effect(s).
b. Endogenous** AAS when administered exogenously:
androstenediol (androst-5-ene-3β,17β-diol); androstenedione (androst-4-ene-3,17-dione); dihydrotestosterone (17β-hydroxy-5α-androstan-3-one); prasterone (dehydroepiandrosterone, DHEA, 3β-hydroxyandrost-5-en-17-one); testosterone;
and their metabolites and isomers, including but not limited to:
5α-androstane-3α,17α-diol; 5α-androstane-3α,17β-diol; 5α-androstane-3β,17α-diol; 5α-androstane-3β,17β-diol; androst-4-ene-3α,17α-diol; androst-4-ene-3α,17β-diol; androst-4-ene-3β,17α-diol; androst-5-ene-3α,17α-diol; androst-5-ene-3α,17β-diol; androst-5-ene-3β,17α-diol; 4-androstenediol (androst-4-ene-3β,17β-diol); 5-androstenedione (androst-5-ene-3,17-dione); epi-dihydrotestosterone; epitestosterone; etiocholanolone; 3α-hydroxy-5α-androstan-17-one; 3β-hydroxy-5α-androstan-17-one; 7α-hydroxy-DHEA ; 7β-hydroxy-DHEA ; 7-keto-DHEA; 19-norandrosterone; 19-noretiocholanolone.
2. Other Anabolic Agents, including but not limited to:
Clenbuterol, selective androgen receptor modulators (SARMs), tibolone, zeranol, zilpaterol.
For purposes of this section:
• * “exogenous” refers to a substance which is not ordinarily produced by the body naturally.
• ** “endogenous” refers to a substance which is ordinarily produced by the body naturally.
S2. PEPTIDE HORMONES, GROWTH FACTORS AND RELATED SUBSTANCES
The following substances, and other substances with similar chemical structure or similar biological effect(s), are prohibited:
1. Erythropoiesis-Stimulating Agents [e.g. erythropoietin (EPO), darbepoetin (dEPO), hypoxia-inducible factor (HIF) stabilizers, methoxy polyethylene glycol-epoetin beta (CERA), peginesatide (Hematide)];
2. Chorionic Gonadotrophin (CG) and Luteinizing Hormone (LH) and their releasing factors, in males;
3. Corticotrophins and their releasing factors;
4. Growth Hormone (GH) and its releasing factors and Insulin-like
Growth Factor-1 (IGF-1).
In addition, the following growth factors are prohibited
Fibroblast Growth Factors (FGFs), Hepatocyte Growth Factor (HGF), Mechano Growth Factors (MGFs), Platelet-Derived Growth Factor (PDGF), Vascular-Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF) as well as any other growth factor affecting muscle, tendon or ligament protein synthesis/degradation, vascularisation, energy utilization, regenerative capacity or fibre type switching;
and other substances with similar chemical structure or similar biological effect(s).
S3. BETA-2 AGONISTS
All beta-2 agonists, including all optical isomers (e.g. d- and l-) where relevant, are prohibited except inhaled salbutamol (maximum 1600 micrograms over 24 hours), inhaled formoterol (maximum delivered dose 54 micrograms over 24 hours) and salmeterol when taken by inhalation in accordance with the manufacturers’ recommended therapeutic regimen.
The presence in urine of salbutamol in excess of 1000 ng/mL or formoterol in excess of 40 ng/mL is presumed not to be an intended therapeutic use of the substance and will be considered as an Adverse Analytical Finding unless the Athlete proves, through a controlled pharmacokinetic study, that the abnormal result was the consequence of the use of the therapeutic inhaled dose up to the maximum indicated above.
S4. HORMONE AND METABOLIC MODULATORS
The following are prohibited:
1. Aromatase inhibitors including, but not limited to: aminoglutethimide, anastrozole, androsta-1,4,6-triene-3,17-dione (androstatrienedione), 4-androstene-3,6,17 trione (6-oxo), exemestane, formestane, letrozole, testolactone.
2. Selective estrogen receptor modulators (SERMs) including, but not limited to: raloxifene, tamoxifen, toremifene.
3. Other anti-estrogenic substances including, but not limited to: clomiphene, cyclofenil, fulvestrant.
4. Agents modifying myostatin function(s) including, but not limited, to: myostatin inhibitors.
5. Metabolic modulators:
b. Peroxisome Proliferator Activated Receptor δ (PPARδ) agonists (e.g. GW 1516), PPARδ-AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK) axis agonists (e.g. AICAR)
S5. DIURETICS AND OTHER MASKING AGENTS
Masking agents are prohibited. They include:
Diuretics, desmopressin, plasma expanders (e.g. glycerol; intravenous administration of albumin, dextran, hydroxyethyl starch and mannitol), probenecid; and other substances with similar biological effect(s).
Local administration of felypressin in dental anaesthesia is not prohibited.
Acetazolamide, amiloride, bumetanide, canrenone, chlortalidone, etacrynic acid, furosemide, indapamide, metolazone, spironolactone, thiazides (e.g. bendroflumethiazide, chlorothiazide, hydrochlorothiazide), triamterene, vaptans (e.g. tolvaptan); and other substances with a similar
chemical structure or similar biological effect(s) (except drospirenone, pamabrom and topical dorzolamide and brinzolamide, which are not prohibited).
The use In- and Out-of-Competition, as applicable, of any quantity of a substance subject to threshold limits (i.e. formoterol, salbutamol, cathine, ephedrine, methylephedrine and pseudoephedrine) in conjunction with a diuretic or other masking agent requires the deliverance of a specific Therapeutic Use Exemption for that substance in addition to the one granted for the diuretic or other masking agent.
M1. MANIPULATION OF BLOOD AND BLOOD COMPONENTS
The following are prohibited:
1. The administration or reintroduction of any quantity of autologous, allogenic (homologous) or heterologous blood or red blood cell products of any origin into the circulatory system.
2. Artificially enhancing the uptake, transport or delivery of oxygen, including, but not limited to, perfluorochemicals, efaproxiral (RSR13) and modified haemoglobin products (e.g. haemoglobin-based blood substitutes, microencapsulated haemoglobin products), excluding supplemental oxygen.
3. Any form of intravascular manipulation of the blood or blood components by physical or chemical means.
M2. CHEMICAL AND PHYSICAL MANIPULATION
The following are prohibited:
1. Tampering, or attempting to tamper, in order to alter the integrity and validity of Samples collected during Doping Control. These include but are not limited to urine substitution and/or adulteration (e.g. proteases).
2. Intravenous infusions and/or injections of more than 50 mL per 6 hour period except for those legitimately received in the course of hospital admissions or clinical investigations.
M3. GENE DOPING
The following, with the potential to enhance sport performance, are prohibited:
1. The transfer of polymers of nucleic acids or nucleic acid analogues;
2. The use of normal or genetically modified cells.
SUBSTANCES AND METHODS PROHIBITED IN-COMPETITION
In addition to the categories S0 to S5 and M1 to M3 defined above, the following categories are prohibited In-Competition:
All stimulants, including all optical isomers (e.g. d- and l-) where relevant, are prohibited, except imidazole derivatives for topical use and those stimulants included in the 2014 Monitoring Program*.
a: Non-Specified Stimulants:
Adrafinil; amfepramone; amfetamine; amfetaminil; amiphenazole; benfluorex; benzylpiperazine; bromantan; clobenzorex; cocaine; cropropamide; crotetamide; fencamine; fenetylline; fenfluramine; fenproporex; fonturacetam [4-phenylpiracetam (carphedon)]; furfenorex; mefenorex; mephentermine; mesocarb; metamfetamine(d-); p-methylamphetamine; modafinil; norfenfluramine; phendimetrazine; phenmetrazine; phentermine; prenylamine; prolintane.
A stimulant not expressly listed in this section is a Specified Substance.
b: Specified Stimulants (examples):
Benzfetamine; cathine**; cathinone and its analogues (e.g. mephedrone, methedrone, α- pyrrolidinovalerophenone); dimethylamphetamine; ephedrine***; epinephrine**** (adrenaline); etamivan; etilamfetamine; etilefrine; famprofazone; fenbutrazate; fencamfamin; heptaminol; hydroxyamfetamine (parahydroamphetamine); isometheptene; levmetamfetamine; meclofenoxate; methylenedioxymethamphetamine; methylephedrine***; methylhexaneamine (dimethylpentylamine); methylphenidate; nikethamide; norfenefrine; octopamine; oxilofrine (methylsynephrine); pemoline; pentetrazol; phenpromethamine; propylhexedrine; pseudoephedrine*****; selegiline; sibutramine; strychnine; tenamfetamine (methylenedioxyamphetamine); trimetazidine; tuaminoheptane; and other substances with a similar chemical structure or similar biological effect(s).
* The following substances included in the 2014 Monitoring Program (bupropion, caffeine, nicotine, phenylephrine, phenylpropanolamine, pipradol, synephrine) are not considered as Prohibited Substances.
** Cathine is prohibited when its concentration in urine is greater than 5 micrograms per milliliter.
*** Each of ephedrine and methylephedrine is prohibited when its concentration in urine is greater than 10 micrograms per milliliter.
• **** Local administration (e.g. nasal, ophthalmologic) of epinephrine
(adrenaline) or co-administration with local anaesthetic agents is not prohibited.
***** Pseudoephedrine is prohibited when its concentration in urine is greater than 150 micrograms per milliliter.
The following are prohibited:
Buprenorphine, dextromoramide, diamorphine (heroin), fentanyl and its derivatives, hydromorphone, methadone, morphine, oxycodone, oxymorphone, pentazocine, pethidine.
Natural (e.g. cannabis, hashish, marijuana) or synthetic delta 9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabimimetics (e.g. “Spice”, JWH018, JWH073, HU-210) are prohibited.
All glucocorticosteroids are prohibited when administered by oral, intravenous, intramuscular or rectal routes.
SUBSTANCES PROHIBITED IN PARTICULAR SPORTS
Alcohol (ethanol) is prohibited In-Competition only, in the following sports. Detection will be conducted by analysis of breath and/or blood. The doping violation threshold is equivalent to a blood alcohol concentration of 0.10 g/L.
Air Sports (FAI)
Unless otherwise specified, beta-blockers are prohibited In-Competition only, in the following sports.
• Archery (WA) (also prohibited Out-of-Competition)
• Automobile (FIA)
• Billiards (all disciplines) (WCBS)
• Darts (WDF)
• Golf (IGF)
• Shooting (ISSF, IPC) (also prohibited Out-of-Competition)
• Skiing/Snowboarding (FIS) in ski jumping, freestyle aerials/halfpipe and snowboard halfpipe/big air
Beta-blockers include, but are not limited to, the following:
Acebutolol, alprenolol, atenolol, betaxolol, bisoprolol, bunolol, carteolol, carvedilol, celiprolol, esmolol, labetalol, levobunolol, metipranolol, metoprolol, nadolol, oxprenolol, pindolol, propranolol, sotalol, timolol.